Launceston Golf Club committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Launceston Golf Club may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer bookings, surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping in connection with our business.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to visitors’ interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- you may at any time ask to see the information we hold on you
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Social Media Policy
For Launceston Golf Club members
Social networking and video sharing websites policy,
When logging on to and using social networking and video sharing websites and blogs at any time, members must not:
- conduct themselves in a way that is detrimental to the Club or brings the Club into disrepute
- allow their interaction on these websites or blogs to damage relationships between employees and fellow members of the Club
- make any derogatory, offensive, discriminatory or defamatory comments about the Club, its employees, contractors, suppliers, customers or fellow members
- make any comments about the Club’s employees that could constitute unlawful discrimination, harassment or bullying contrary to the Equality Act 2010.
- disclose any trade secrets or confidential or sensitive information belonging to the Club, its employees, contractors, suppliers, customers or members or any information which could be used by one or more of the Club’s competitors, for example information about the Club’s work, its products and services, technical developments and staff morale
- breach copyright or any other proprietary interest belonging to the Club including the Club Logo.
Members who are discovered contravening these rules, may face disciplinary action under the Club’s disciplinary procedure.
Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
Our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures have been reviewed (Feb 22) and agreed by our Management Committee and can be viewed below. These have been accepted by England Golf and we are now accredited with the Safe Golf Standard which can be viewed by clicking on the SafeGolf Logo above.
Any Welfare Issues can be reported to our Club Welfare Officer Bridget Moody on 07568 515404 or by email: [email protected]
Safeguarding Children & Young People
Our Policy on Safeguarding children & young people has been reviewed Feb 24 & can be viewed by clicking on the link below
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
Our Policy on Safeguarding vulnerable adults has been reviewed Feb 24 & can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity Policy
We have an Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity Policy which can be viewed from the link here, we are committed to ensuring all our members, staff and guests follow our policy.
Our Disciplinary Policy has been reviewed Dec 23 & can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
We have a Buggy Policy which can be viewed from the link below, we are committed to ensuring all of our members, staff and guests are safe on the Golf Course.